Friday, May 8, 2009

Satellite of Love

Yes, that's right, I'm talking the satellite of love, and no, I am not talking about that bone shaped spaceship from Mystery Science Theater of the same name. What exactly is the satellite of love? I am not exactly sure. I do know that it is an awesome tune by Mr. Lou Reed. Other than that, I am clueless on this one.



I sure hope that Lou wasn't describing one of those people who just couldn't function without their boyfriends or girlfriends. I have seen one to many people who are always hovering in close proximity to their significant other. Those kinds of satellites usually crash and burn on reentry into the real world.



I watched it for a little while. I like to watch things on tv.



Sometimes I am relegated to watching love stories on tv. There is a serious lack of a love story in my life right now.



I've been told that you've been bold

With Harry, Mark, and John (or Winkin, Blinkin, and Nod)

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, to Thursday



Being bold is what's needed if the satellite is going to continue orbiting love. People who don't act never get anywhere. Be bold or there won't ever be any love.



Satellites are cool. Lou Reed wrote a song about em, as did Dave Matthews. I think P.O.D has an album called satellite, and U2 watched ten million channels of tv on satellite feeds during their Zoo TV tour (with a prerecorded image of Lou Reed singing a duet of Satellite of Love with Bono).



I like satellites, they give me the ability to communicate through cell phones, internet, they inspire cool music and of course...I like to watch things on tv.



Try and figure out how love fits into the picture and let me know. I won't think to hard about it til then.

No comments:

Post a Comment