Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Thrill is Gone

For some of my friends, the thrill is gone. In fact, as I read blog after blog about the publishing industry I've noticed the thrill is gone for a lot of people. The fight between self-publishing and traditional publishing rages, and I feel like I should be paying forty bucks to watch the fight on pay per view. I have a lot of thoughts on the matter, although I won't share most of them with you here. On this page I will only share two.

First. Soon people will realize that traditional publishing and self-publishing will one day coexist. The publishing world will not be what it was, yet the two will find that the world is big enough for both.

Second. A friend asked me to join her and another friend for lunch to discuss my thoughts about self-publishing. This is my thought on the matter. For those who have ears, let them hear. The video clip tells all. The last line in the clip is really where I am coming from.

If you don 't understand that's ok. It's just a little matter of how I feel.

Either way, hopefully people will keep the thrill of writing under their skin, even if they are unsure whether to try traditional publishing or self-publishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment